If you have chronic knee pain caused by osteoarthritis (OA) you may qualify for a new clinical research study. The study is exploring the effect of an investigational drug for knee pain when taken daily for 4 weeks. If you qualify and choose to join the study you will receive all study-related care at no cost.
If you qualify and choose to join the study, you will receive:
- Evaluations of your knee osteoarthritis from our study physicians
- Study-related care at no cost. Health insurance is not required.
- Compensation to attend periodic visits at your study doctor’s office (up to 7 visits over an approximate 3-month period).
- The opportunity to help advance knee osteoarthritis research, which may benefit other knee pain sufferers in the future.
18 – 65
Knee Osteoarthritis (OA) Resources
- Learn more about the Acadia Study
- Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affecting 32.5 million US adults
- Each year, nearly 700,000 people undergo total knee joint replacement to relieve their pain
Do you have chronic pain or aching in your knee?
If you suffer from chronic pain or aching in your knee, you may have osteoarthritis (OA) – a common and painful joint condition that can interfere with everyday life. Knee osteoarthritis usually develops gradually over a period of years due to everyday ‘wear and tear’, but for some it can develop quite rapidly. Each year, nearly 700,000 people undergo total knee joint replacement to relieve their pain. However, surgery isn’t for everyone.
You may qualify for a new clinical research study.
Right now, doctors at approximately 40 locations throughout the US are accepting participants for a new clinical research study. The study is exploring the effect of an investigational drug for knee pain when taken daily for 4 weeks. If you are 18 – 64 years old and struggle with knee pain due to osteoarthritis, you may be eligible to participate.
If you qualify and join the study, you will be seen by a local physician and will receive study-related care at no cost. As part of the study, you will be asked to meet with your local study team about 7 times over an approximate 10-week period. These visits are an important part of the study, as they allow your study doctor to closely monitor your knee condition and overall experiences. You may also be compensated for your time and travel to attend these study visits.
Study Eligibility Criteria
Ages 18 and 65
Have not had any knee injections within the past 3 months
Do not have any non-OA inflammatory joint conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriatic arthritis, or gout
Able to attend periodic visits to your study doctor’s office (up to 7 visits over an approximate 10-week period)